I know I say this every month, but I can’t believe that August is over. It was a wonderful month – full of amazing moments and definitely core memories. Our baby started her senior year of high school, our oldest started working on her new degree path in college, and we celebrated our 23rd anniversary with a magical trip. So much to be thankful for, and so much to look forward to. Before we can look forward, though, we need to look back at August and see how my goals for the month went. So, without further ado, here goes.
- Add 20 TpT products to my store – I added 18 new products, bringing me to 101 products! I am counting this as complete.
- Write a sticker club class for Outschool – This did not get done. I think this is a sign that it is not really in my heart to do it, so I am scrapping this goal.
- Write a series of Public Speaking classes for Outschool that covers ages 3-18 – I wrote a series of classes that goes to 9 – so far no sign ups, so I am in the process of adding one time options. This one gets half credit.
- Write a series of craft classes – live and flex – This one is still being developed in my head – I am going to start with some one time Fall/Halloween craft classes and see where it goes. But I did not do it this month.
- Set my fall schedule on Outschool – I have done this and continue to revise it as I go.
- Finish organizing my classroom and the front room – This one is still in progress. I have this week off, so maybe it will happen.
- Make 10 blog posts, 20 Instagram posts/reels, 20 Facebook posts/reels, and 31 Pinterest pins – I made 13 total blog posts, 6 Instagram posts, 15 Facebook posts, and 11 Pinterest pins. I am going to give myself a 70% here, but I really hope to be more consistent in September.
- Make dinner at home 15 times – Definitely did this. It was really nice to know what we were eating. I am hoping to do even more meal planning in September.
- Hike 8 times (we are headed to Disney for 3 days, so I know I can hit this if I count each day as a hike) – I did this! Not completely caught up on 52 Hike Challenge, but so close!
- Do 6 strength training workouts to start building some muscles – This did not happen, but we did walk A LOT – both at Disney and at home.
When I look at it by the numbers, I get a 5/10 for August. Not great, but not terrible, either. I need a change in my business, and I am really hopeful that September will be filled with just the right amount of change and motivation. I really can’t wait for the change in seasons – I put out some of our Fall/Halloween decorations already and I am hopeful the rest will be out by the end of the week. Cooler air, beautiful leaves, campfires – bring it on! Here are my goals for this month:
- Figure out photography and previews for my TpT products and add them to 20 products.
- Add 10 new Fall products on TpT.
- Write one time Public Speaking classes for Outschool to covers ages 3-18.
- Write a series of craft classes – live and flex.
- Finish organizing my classroom and the front room.
- Figure out how to set up my classroom for live sewing classes.
- Make 5 blog posts, 20 Instagram posts/reels, 20 Facebook posts/reels, and 31 Pinterest pins.
- Make dinner at home 15 times.
- Hike 6 times.
- Do 8 strength training workouts to start building some muscles.
I am excited to get in there and learning to do new things in classes and with my products. Hoping to gain more learners and customers this month. If I can build enough momentum, it should carry me into the fourth quarter and through the end of the year – there’s still time to make some great strides towards my 2022 goals.
What are your goals this month? What new things will you be trying? I can’t wait to hear all about it in the comments. 🙂