September felt really busy. We started the month with a college visit and it just kept rolling from there. We are officially back to all the activities, and I find myself thinking wistfully about the time we weren’t so busy. I am loving seeing all of our friends, though! I just need more down time than I used to, I think.
Last month I tried to scale back my goals a little bit, so let’s see how I did for the month.
- Figure out photography and previews for my TpT products and add them to 20 products – I did not do this.
- Add 10 new Fall products on TpT – for the first month since I started my shop, I did not add any new products on TpT.
- Write one time Public Speaking classes for Outschool to covers ages 3-18 – I wrote 2 classes to cover ages 3-7 and so far they are crickets…
- Write a series of craft classes – live and flex – I wrote Fall and Halloween FLEX craft classes, and have drafts started for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- Finish organizing my classroom and the front room – my office is done and front room is 75% done.
- Figure out how to set up my classroom for live sewing classes – I did not do this.
- Make 5 blog posts, 20 Instagram posts/reels, 20 Facebook posts/reels, and 31 Pinterest pins – I wrote 2 blog posts, 12 Instagram posts, 14 Facebook posts, and no Pinterest pins.
- Make dinner at home 15 times – I probably cooked 5 times.
- Hike 6 times – I hiked 3 times.
- Do 8 strength training workouts to start building some muscles – this didn’t happen either.
This was obviously a down month – I’m giving myself 3/10 and that feels generous. I am a little surprised because I felt like I was accomplishing things, but I see that I was accomplishing things for my volunteer obligations as I was neglecting my actual tasks to move the needle in my businesses. I costumed a show, sized kids for choir attire, measured and organized our costume plan for our high school fall play, sent sponsor and donor letters and also created a budget for our performing arts boosters. I was definitely busy and productive. But I was not focused on these goals.
Last week, I signed up to also teach on Allschool. I have yet to create any classes, but I am hopeful that I will be able to get a little traction there at times that don’t seem to be working for Outschool. With all of this in mind, here are my October goals:
- Figure out photography and previews for 10 TpT products.
- Add 10 new TpT products.
- Create an Outschool and Allschool schedule that feels doable.
- Finish organizing our front room.
- Hang blinds in my office.
- Figure out classroom set up for live sewing classes.
- Make 4 blog posts, 20 Instagram posts, 20 Facebook posts, and 20 Pinterest pins.
- Make dinner 10 times.
- Hike 6 times.
- Do 6 strength training workouts.
I think this looks like a list I can stick to. I just need to hang it in my office and check it when planning my days. Hopefully this will be the month that I get to say I did it all – wish me luck!
What are your goals for this month? Let me know in the comments so we can cheer each other on! 🙂